Riverview Elementary School Dress Code
We expect our students to dress comfortably and sensibly in clothing that allows them to participate in P.E. activities and play during recess. Students are expected to follow the guidelines below:
- Appropriate shoes must be worn at all times.
- Students must wear socks and closed-toe, full-heel shoes, suitable for P.E. Activities. Flip-flops, sandals, high heels, and slides DO NOT allow students to participate fully in all school activities without the possibility of injury.
- Formal “dress up” clothing, swim/beachwear, short shorts, “muscle” shirts, and tube/halter tops are not appropriate for school.
- Clothing associated with drugs, alcohol, tobacco, weapons, violence, obscenity, or gangs is not permissible. Logos with inappropriate double meanings and affiliated with messages which violate school policy are prohibited. Prohibited brands and logos include, but are not limited to: SKIN, Metal Mulisha, iron crosses, Seedless, KMK.
- Pants must fit appropriately and worn at the waist.
- Exposed underwear, pajamas, cropped tops, tube tops, spaghetti straps, and short shorts are not allowed. Shoulders on sleeveless tops must be 2 inches in width.
- Hats and hoods may be worn outside for sun protection only. Hair should not be a distraction. Hair may not be sprayed, dyed, or painted any unnatural colors. Temporary dyes cause damage to books and materials. Mohawks are not allowed.
Last Modified on May 4, 2016