LMS History

  • Is Lakeside Middle School really 100 years old?  Technically no, according to school name. But there has been a school on this property since 1917.  The first school was Riverview High School, which became Lakeside Union Grammar School--later renamed "Elementary," and then "Union."  The grammar school then became Lakeside Junior High in 1957.  The school received its current title in 1978, becoming Lakeside Middle School.  Throughout the years the school has experienced many transformations curricularly and architecturally to become the outstanding school we know today. 

the original school circa 1918
  • Original Riverview High School Building circa 1918

Lakeside Union GrammarSchool 1938
  • Lakeside Union Grammar School 1938

School Front 1940's
  • Front of the school 1940's. Otto Marks flag pole is seen on the left.  It is still in the same location on the school site.  The white building is the "Old Hallway" that was constructed in 1936.  Part of the orginal building is on the right. 

School Site 1950's
  • School Site 1950's