Lakeside Middle School Timeline
1917 - Riverview High School established on current LMS site
1920 - Grossmont High School established
1923 - Lakeside Union Grammar School District formed
1924 - Lakeside Union Grammar School moved to Riverview High School site after building is sold to Lakeside District. High school students then attend Grossmont High School.
1936 - East "wing" of original school building demolished and replaced by what is now nicknamed the "Old Hallway." The 1936 building was constructed in response to stricter California school earthquake standards in wake of the devastating 1933 Long Beach earthquake.
1951 - Last part of original Riverview High School building demolished to make way for the "new" office, auditorium, and classrooms.
1957 - Lakeside Grammar/Elementary/Union School name changed to Lakeside Junior High
1958 - Two science rooms (5 and 6) and art room added to school
1962 - Kneale Library constructed (current office and library)
1978 - Lakeside Junior High renamed Lakeside Middle School
1994 - "Old Hallway" renovated
2008 - Lakeside school bond passed enabling the school to be upgraded and technology (Smart Boards, MacBooks, iPads etc.) to be purchased. The 1951 auditorium redesigned to be a state-of-the-art performing arts venue. Old office becomes "green room" area for stage. Kneale library renovated to accommodate office and reconfigured library.
2010 - Renovation begins
2012 - Ribbon cutting ceremony dedicating the newly renovated school