Projects and Completions
The 2017-2018 fiscal year was primarily a planning year for future bond projects pending the sale of Measure L, Series B bonds in the fall of 2017-2018 fiscal year. The District formed a Facilities Advisory Committee and paid for Consultants to develop a Long-Range Facilities Master Plan.
- Purchased 400 student iPads and protective cases for 3rd grade. The old models were not compatible for state testing.
- District Boardroom received technology upgrades to include two monitors and a sound system.
- Lindo Park school office was remodeled including paint, flooring, and furniture.
- iPads purchased for all students in grades 2-8
- Upgraded Wireless Access Points to support the 1 to 1 iPad Implementation
- Upgraded wireless network at the District Office and all School Sites
- Energy Savings Project at Tierra Del Sol Middle School (New Cool Roofs, HVAC, and Solar Tube Skylights)
- Improved Playgrounds at all Elementary School Sites (Installed ADA Compliant Swings)
- Added portable classrooms to Lakeside Middle School, Lakeside Farms, Lindo Park, and Riverview
- Lakeside Middle School Multi-Pupose Room/Theater Renovation
- New Music Equipment Purchased for Lakeside Middle School and Tierra Del Sol Middle School
- Installed New District-Wide Phone System
- Lakeview Elementary Multi-Purpose building addition
- Lindo Park Electrical Infrastructure Improvements
- Every room including the breakroom and office received upgraded electrical panels and wiring
- Technology districtwide - Phase 1
- Purchased and installed SmartBoards for all sites and replaced all site servers, teacher laptops, and wireless
- Tierra Del Sol - Renovated classrooms (D5 and D6)
- Moved Lakeview's Multi-Purpose Room to Winter Gardens and upgraded the infrastructure for phone, Internet, & wireless
- Added a new kitchen and student restrooms at Winter Gardens
- Added additional plumbing for student restrooms at Winter Gardens
- Riverview Mandarin Language Academy - Safety and Security (New fencing for the front of the school)
- Safety and Security for all sites (Closed-circuit cameras, equipment, wiring, and installation included)
- Technology Community Project with Lakeside Fire Department (Purchased technology equipment for a fire truck and ambulance)
- Tierra Del Sol Computer Lab Addition (Classroom improvements and modernized technology)
- Building A2 was converted from Woodshop Classroom to Cyber Cafe
- Science Improvements - Phase 1 (Lemon Crest, Lindo Park, Riverview, & Winter Gardens)
- Purchased new maintenance vehicles