What You Need to Know (FAQ)

    • When can my child start Kindergarten? Your child must turn five (5) years old by September 1 to enroll in Kindergarten
    • What if my child turns five (5) after this date? Our district offers both a Transitional Kindergarten (TK) program and an Early Admission Kindergarten (EAK) program.
      • Students who turn five years old between September 2 and December 2 annually are eligible for TK. For more information about this program select Eucalyptus Hills from our Schools dropdown menu
      • Students who turn five years old between December 3 and February 28 annually are eligible for EAK. For more information about this program select EAK from our Academics dropdown menu
    • When should I enroll my child in Kindergarten? Typically, registration begins at all elementary schools in the spring by March 1, with the exception of our Language Immersion programs.
      • Registration process begins in January for our Immersion programs.  To be considered for acceptance into one of these programs you must attend both a parent informational meeting and a school tour.  For more information about our Immersion programs please select the World Languages Program from our Academics dropdown menu
    • How do I know which school my child should attend? School enrollment is determined by the address where you and your child live.  If you are unsure of your assigned school please contact our Education Services department at (619) 390-2600.
    • What if I don't live in Lakeside but still want my child to attend a Lakeside school? You may complete an Inter-district transfer (IDT) permit and request a school. Your district of residence must sign the permit and release your student prior to being accepted into the Lakeside Union School District.  For more information please review the Open Enrollment procedures.