Student Data Privacy Laws and iPad Apps
Integrating educational apps and tools safely, responsibly, and effectively can be a challenge. The short video above is a handy reference for classroom teachers.When choosing apps, be on the lookout for:
- Targeted advertising using information acquired from students
- In-app purchases that allow for credit card information or limit app functionality
- The ability for students to connect and communicate with strangers
- Collecting and selling of personal information, such as name, age, email address, etc.
- Ability to access content rated for adults only