SUNDAY 02.16.2014 BLAST
UPCOMING IMPORTANT EVENTS & ACTIVITIES:
- Feb. 14-17 – Lincoln’s Birthday & Presidents’ Day – 4-Day WeekendJ
- Feb. 24-28 – Love of Reading Week
- Feb. 26 – Barnes & Noble Bookfair Night, 5-8 pm Santee B & N
- Mar. 6 – Hero Appreciation Day (more details later)
- Mar. 13-14 – At-risk Parent-Teacher Conferences, minimum day sched.
- Mar. 26 – Open House
- Mar. 29 – Run for the Arts Event
- April 2 – Kindergarten Information Night
WE WANT YOUR INPUT! We will be having a very important parent meeting onMonday, February 24, at 6 pm. We invite you to provide input in developing our Local Accountability Plan (LCAP). The LCAP is a plan devised by our district and is a bottom-up approach, beginning with engagement of our community, with the ultimate goal of improving student achievement. More information about this event will be coming home soon.
LC LION’S CAMP – Our next Attendance Recovery opportunity will be inMarch 8. Stay tuned for more details.
STEP UPDATE: The S.T.E.P. (Student Teachers Educating Peers) Program at Tierra del Sol Middle School has been rescheduled to March 8. This is an attendance recovery opportunity for 4th & 5th graders. Information flyers will be posted as soon as we have them.
RUN FOR THE ARTS – Add to your calendar: The 16th Annual Run for the Arts event is Saturday, March 29. Pre-registration & fund-raising event at Eastbound Café is March 10, 4-10 pm. Check out Facebook.com/lakeside run for the arts page and “Like it C” please!
NEW SIGN-IN/SIGN-OUT SYSTEM: Our computer-based Student Sign-in/Sign-out and Visitor Management System will be on-line by the end of the month. Keep an eye on the counter in front of the School Secretary to see when the computer and name-tag dispenser is Up & RunningJ
FLYERS IN PEACHJAR:
- Kindergarten & Transitional Kindergarten Info
- Girl Scouts Chelsea’s 5K Run/Walk
- Lemon Crest Yearbooks
- Lakeside Library Art & Poetry Contest
- United Soccer Player Tryout Schedule
AND MORE—CHECK THEM OUT!!
- Free Dental Sealants & Fluoride Varnish
- Free Tax Service
- Run for the Arts