Welcome to the Lakeside Union School District technology department web site. On this site we offer information for staff, parents and students in regards to technology. Lakeside is very proud of the districts network and infrastructure we provide.
Teachers may access the collection of Smart lessons created by teachers for teachers.
Below is the Philosophy and Goals our district has set forth.
- We believe that technology, to be effective and equitable, requires thoughtful, substantial, long-term commitment of fiscal, personal, and systemic resources.
- We believe in the responsible and ethical use of technology.
- We believe that technology is an integral component for maximizing learning for all students.
- We believe that through the use of technology we broaden our ability to access and influence the past, present and future.
- We believe the impact of technology is dependent on the overall quality of a balanced instructional program.
1. Establish a flexible procedure to keep current with the acquisition and dissemination of technology.
2. Establish a plan for the education and training of all staff in the use of technology.
3. Create a district network to access internal and external communication and information.
4. Prioritize existing funding and acquire new funding sources to support technology.
5. Integrate technology as a tool for improved student learning.
The committee established three subcommittees to address goals 2, 3, and 5. It was believed that these three goals needed to be addressed ahead of goals 1 and 4.
The Technology Committee developed a time line for technology acquisition and a training schedule for staff. We are committed to maintaining that schedule and, if possible, speeding up the process. If you desire a copy of our LUSD technology plan, click on the "Technology Plan" link from this page or have additional questions please call (619) 390-2600.